Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Top 5 sources of news and information

     My news sources are very important to me. I very much value the fact that I do not only consume mainstream media. I do not only want to only listen read or watch news that is only reporting one side of a topic and is very politically swayed. I see Instagram as one of those sources where you are able to pick and choose who you absorb information from. while the platform itself can be very biased, you can have an easier time picking who to listen to.

    Youtube is my second pick because of how much I use it. I find myself scrolling through and finding news sections and reading or listening to them. I see youtube as another source similar to Instagram. I am able to pick and choose who I listen to very well. 

    Fox is one of the few mainstream media sources I find myself using. I don't use it often but I do use it occasionally. I would align myself with Foxe's conservative mindset but they can be very harsh in many situations. i do not like news sources that are obviously one-sided, from a political and ideological standpoint. I find myself simply picking and choosing what I want to listen to from this network.

    CNN is very similar to Fox in many ways. CNN is almost a mirrored copy of Fox but from the other side of the sprectrum. They are similar to Fox in that they only report what fits their political narrative. I don't fully trust either source so I hear both and piece the truth together.

    Tiktok is my second most used source of news. I like it because it can be very personalized and between Instagram and TikTok, I am able to verify what I hear. I never fully trust a single news source i always want to hear the other side and look for context that may have been ignored.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My relationship with technology

     The   Impact   on   My   Lif e        The presence of technology in my life has been very beneficial in many ways.  I   see   technolog...